Ms Lucia Wong, Deputy General Manager of Messe Frankfurt (HK) Co Ltd, remarked: “As the 5G era approaches, IoT technology is becoming a part of our daily lives. The smart home and smart building industries are undergoing massive transformations in response to the changes, but we must also uphold our user-centric values and position convenience at the forefront. As technology continues to evolve at remarkable speed, we need to expand the industry ecosystem through innovation and transformation to create more room for growth. This year’s exhibitions have therefore incorporated smart office and parking elements to encourage industries to go beyond their borders in search of new inspiration.”
Renowned exhibitors bring innovations to Halls W2-W4
SSHT and SIBT will once again showcase industry trends with a diverse exhibitor lineup including: Ave Leelen, ANJUBAO, Konke, Easemore, Legrand China, SUREN, ORVIBO, ALCATEL, D&M, Ezviz, Baiwei, A-OK, KNX, EnOcean, Sonos, Hisense, Crodigy, WISTAR, Schneider, Puppyrobot, Vensi, Liteputer, Argrace, Vimar, Laffey, Eastsoft, HDL, Savekey, Gubei, Dooya, Dnake, Amina, Grandland, Wintom, Hui Ju, SONY, ViewSonic and Lenovo.
SSHT 2019 highlights eight critical industry trends
In the wake of a new global intelligent technology revolution, IoT, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence (AI) are becoming more evident in people’s lives. Influenced by recent smart home trends, many new technologies, products, and solutions are emerging on the market, including:
- Complete smart home automation: According to the latest research conducted by CSHIA, Alibaba Cloud - IoT BU, and SINA HOME - Development of China’s Smart Home Industry - over 80% of property developers in China have begun providing smart home automation services.
- Smart community: Designed to facilitate the development and sustainability of neighbourhoods, smart communities provide safe, efficient and convenient smart services. As smart communities continue to evolve, the implementation of hardware platforms further facilitate the integration of IoT data, improving community resource sharing, system capabilities, and allowing a more diverse array of smart operations.
- Smart real estate: With an increasing array of wireless indoor intelligent products available on the market, property developers are encouraged to aim for the seamless integration and interconnectivity of smart homes and smart communities when developing new projects.
- AI: In smart home upgrades, AI technology is of unprecedented importance. The technology improves efficiency by effectively collecting and analysing data.
- 5G: With the ability to drastically improve data transmission speeds in smart home networks, 5G allows users to enjoy a more complete and fluid experience, especially with the ongoing improvements in IoT and AI technology.
- Smart security systems: Offering a selection of security alarms, video surveillance, and access control systems, the market for smart security is expected to grow exponentially due to the rising demand from governments, corporate entities and even household sectors.
- B2B market: Encouraged by recent government policies, furnished properties in China are on the rise while smart cities and neighbourhoods are also increasingly popular. These factors have allowed smart home technologies to become more easily integrated and adopted by property developers.
- Voice control: Smart home appliances with voice control features are rising in popularity, which has allowed the technology to be implemented in products besides smart speakers. Products with integrated voice assistant systems are also becoming more widely available.
As an industry platform dedicated to smart home technology, SSHT services the entire industry chain. Through the communication with exhibitors, new technology and product displays, user demonstrations, forums and seminars, the trade fairs strive to grow together with the industry and identify influential trends for fairgoers.
Smart office zone to debut at SIBT 2019
To showcase the diverse development of the industry and the IoT ecosystem, this year SIBT will introduce a new zone, ‘Shanghai Smart Office Technology’ (SSOT), in Hall W2. As a smart office technology platform for IoT solutions in smart offices and commercial buildings, the zone will promote intelligent office space management technology. By linking commercial buildings with the surrounding neighbourhood, the zone will showcase leading smart office technology and commercial space integration solutions in the market in an attempt to answer: ‘What is a smart office?’ and ‘Why do we need smart offices?’
- ‘SSOT 2019 Smart Office Summit’
Apart from improving productivities, working experience, and limiting administrative expenses, smart offices are also capable of reducing overall energy consumption and help to achieve a greener working environment. The SSOT 2019 Smart Office Summit will invite key speakers to explore all these topics in greater depth.
Parking China 2019 returns
Building on the smart parking ecosystem concept, Parking China 2019 will be held concurrently with SIBT & SSHT in Hall W2, promoting the commercial parking model of ‘shared resources, rebuilt ecosystem, open platform’ in cooperation with the China Urban Parking Industry Association (CUPIA). As a professional parking industry platform, the exhibition strives to promote convenient parking with contactless payment, unmanned parking, and intelligent car location systems with the goal of encouraging resource integration and technical exchange.
Organised together with the CUPIA, ‘China Urban Parking Ecosphere Forum’ will be held on 3 September. Speakers will discuss smart parking ecosystems while sharing their own insights and technological analysis.
SIBT is organised by Guangzhou Guangya Messe Frankfurt Co Ltd, Shanghai Hongshan Exhibition Service Co Ltd, China Council for the Promotion of International Trade – Shanghai Pudong Sub-Branch, and The Intelligent Engineering Branch of China Exploration & Design Association.
The organisers of SSHT are Guangzhou Guangya Messe Frankfurt Co Ltd, Shanghai Hongshan Exhibition Service Co Ltd, China Council for the Promotion of International Trade – Shanghai Pudong Sub-Branch, and China Smart Home Industry Alliance. The two fairs will be held from 3 – 5 September 2019 at Shanghai New International Expo Centre in China.
SIBT and SSHT are both headed by the biennial Light + Building event in Frankfurt, Germany. The next edition will take place from 8 -13 March, 2020.
Messe Frankfurt also organises a series of light and building technology exhibitions in Asia including Guangzhou Electrical Building Technology, Guangzhou International Lighting Exhibition and Shanghai International Lighting Fair. The company's light and building technology trade fairs also extend to markets in Argentina, India, Thailand, Russia, the UAE and other countries and regions.
For more information on Light + Building shows worldwide, please visit www.light-building.com/brand.
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is the world’s largest trade fair, congress and event organiser with its own exhibition grounds. With more than 2,500 employees at 30 locations, the company generates annual sales of around €718 million. We have close ties with our industry sectors and serve our customers’ business interests efficiently within the framework of our Fairs & Events, Locations and Services business fields. One of the Group’s key USPs is its closely knit global sales network, which extends throughout the world. Our comprehensive range of services – both onsite and online – ensures that customers worldwide enjoy consistently high quality and flexibility when planning, organising and running their events. The wide range of services includes renting exhibition grounds, trade fair construction and marketing, personnel and food services. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the company is owned by the City of Frankfurt (60 percent) and the State of Hesse (40 percent).
For more information, please visit our website at: www.messefrankfurt.com.
- SSHT19_PR2_EN (pdf, 209 KB)